We had a quick check up for Olivia with our pediatrician the other day. Olivia was none too happy about it. In Korea, the foster mothers bring the babies into the agency for regularly scheduled check ups, where they also receive their immunization shots. However, they do not necessarily give them all the shots, some of the optional or lesser concerning shots... Although she did not have any shots this day (they are saving those for next month - her 15-mo appt) she did need to have blood drawn to run some tests. That was less than pleasant. Thank goodness Todd was there to help hold her still, I turn to putty for those sort of things.
It was a relatively short appointment as our doctor gave Olivia a general good bill of health! However, we were sent home with a couple small containers to collect stool and urine. As the nurse is talking about which container should have what in it and how to properly label the containers, I had to interupt and ask the question I'm sure is on the forefront of everyone's mind who goes through this for the first time. "How exactly do I collect urine in the cup when she is not potty-trained????" She then explained that was what the plastic bag was for. But do not leave it on for more than 30 minutes or bacteria will start to form...!! ....?????!!! So basically, we needed to predict within 30 minutes of when she would need to pee. Then be able to remove the bag and actually get the pee in the cup. I think I blocked out that particular task... Needless to say, Todd took care of both "collections" on his own. THANK GOODNESS!!!
Oh, and Olivia is 90% for height and 45% for weight... Hopefully, now that is she is eating solids for us, she can balance those numbers a bit more! Or maybe she will just take after Todd...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment