The Woolf Family

The Woolf Family

May 8, 2010

Lucy

Most of you know our Lucy is quite a character. That has not changed here is Korea. It started by her rolling off the bed the first night. I was woken by a big THUD. When I went to check on the kids in their bedroom, Lucy was sitting on the floor sniffing, and said "Mommy, I fell off the bed." We now line all sides with all the extra pillows in our rooms.

Thoughout the Somerset hotel, there are many sets of glass doors. Some that slide open, some that you push or pull. I have warned the kids, Lucy in particular, to be aware of the glass doors. Unfortunately, Lucy forgot and walked right into one of the doors. There were a few people walking by us at the time and they burst out laughing. Luckily Lucy was just a bit stunned and not hurt.

You may also notice, Lucy has recently aquired a little red mark on her cheek. That would be from her getting bumped by a taxi car door as it opened.

Also, you may notice as of today, Lucy is minus one more tooth. Yes, she has lost her second tooth. It happened at Lotte World - she thinks one of the rides that bounce up and down sped up the process.

However, for all of these mishaps, there are more than double the instances that people come up and point to her and say "pretty". Older women and young girls like to touch her, her head or her arms. They say "how old?" "So cute!"

(Matthew tends to get second for attention from strangers, though his is not always positive. It's pretty much a toss up between getting smiles and "aw, isn't he cute" and old ladies saying "tsk! tsk!" for those times he is screaming at the top of his lungs.)

1 comment:

  1. I just realized I could comment! Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day with all your children Amy:) Love your posts and getting updates about your trip. Enjoy all your time together in Korea, you'll be back on that plane with sweet Olivia before you know it!

    ReplyDelete